Meaning: The Lord is my God
Majestic: deserving of credit for good deeds.
Personality: His attitude is always cheerful.
Genuine: Shoots straight from the heart.
Style: Always knows what to do.
Ability: A person whose achievements are
Character: He is the essence of God.
Sentiment: Has a special feel for life.
Physical: Likes everything in an orderly fashion.
Other variants of Elias
Nicknames and/or short form: Eli
Alternate form(s): Eliott, Elliot, Ellis
Bulgarian form: Ilija
Czech form: Ilja
Farsi (Persian) form: Ilya
Polish form: Eljasz
Russian form(s): Ilya, Eelia
Serbian form: Ilija
Spanish form: Elías.
Swedish form(s): Elis
Alternate Form of: Elijah
survey on how much you like the name Elias.
Did you know?...
* The name Elias
ranked 452nd in popularity for males of all ages in
a sample of the 1990 US Census. (Source:
* In Spanish, this name is spelled with an accent --
* This name is used in English, Greek, Spanish and
Hungarian. Its source is Eliyahu, a Hebrew name
meaning "God is lord."
* It was Walt Disney's middle name!
* At one time, Elias washed dishes and bussed tables
in New York for $1 an hour because he wasn't a U.S.
citizen and couldn't work in this country.
* Elias originally planned to be an architect or a
* Elias' middle names are Dimitrios Theoni.
* Elias had a Great Dane named
* Elias has a
"Bacon" factor of ONE (Elias was in Novocaine
* Fired after one day of rehearsals from the film
adaptation of Neil Simon's Brighton Beach Memoirs
(1986) because of his failure to grasp the vocal
nuances of the role. He credits the experience with
making him a better actor.
* Save for a few classes with Montreal drama
teacher Ann Page, he had little acting experience
when he was accepted to New York's American Academy
for Dramatic Arts.